Aspose Newsletter for July 2014 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint components, Android & REST APIs. It includes information about how to create, edit and display PDF files with Aspose.Pdf for Cloud, release of new Cloud API for working with Microsoft Project files, use of Aspose.OCR for recognizing text from photos on Android & many more.
Create, Edit and Display PDF Files with Aspose.Pdf for Cloud
Aspose.Pdf for Cloud is a platform independent PDF manipulation API that lets you create, edit and convert PDF files in the cloud. Because it’s a cloud API, there’s nothing to install. Simply create an account and start using Aspose.Pdf for Cloud with any language on any platform. Sing up for free trial today .
New: Aspose.Tasks for Cloud
Aspose.Tasks lets developers add Microsoft Project features to their apps. With Aspose.Tasks for Cloud, you’ll be able to create, edit and convert projects, in the cloud, and independently of Microsoft Project. Find out more about Aspose.Tasks for Cloud
Using Aspose.OCR to Recognize Text from Photos on Android
Aspose for Cloud APIs help developers work with a range of document formats and tasks in the cloud. Recently, we wrote a detailed article that explains how to recognize text on an Android device using Aspose.OCR for Cloud. It uses the device’s camera to take a picture, recognizes text and then allows the end user to copy the text to paste into other applications. Read complete article about how to Recognize Text from Photos on Android .
Aspose.Pdf for Java Review from Download.com
Aspose.Pdf for Java allows developers to create, edit and convert PDF files without depending on Adobe Acrobat Automation. The API is well structured and performant. You don’t have to take our word for it: Download.com recently gave Aspose.Pdf for Java a great review. Read more about Aspose.Pdf for Java Review .
An Outside Look at Aspose.Email: ‘It is a very well written API.’
Alvin Ashcroft took a look at Aspose.Email for .NET. His review focuses on the PST archive feature but gives a good overview of many of Aspose.Email’s other features and includes code samples. He found coding with Aspose.Email for .NET intuitive and the documentation helpful. Read the Aspose.Email Review.
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0 - Support for ‘For empty cells show’ option in pivot tables and a range of fixes.
- Aspose.Words for .NET v14.5.0 - OOXML text effects implemented, improved alignment and hyphenation and various fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET v9.3.0 - Get URLs from hyperlinks, add layer to PDF and turn XFA into static PDF document.
Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.4.0- Add, insert, remove and clone layout slides and other enhancements.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.4.0 - Improved Code39, Code128 and Datamatrix recognition.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 6.7.0 - Print expanded or contracted summaries and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 4.2.0 - Send messages with polls, improved EML to MSG conversion and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.1.0 - Dynamically glue a shape inside another and improved conversion.
- Aspose.Note for .NET 1.3.0 - Save to stream and other enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.0 - General enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Java 14.5.0 - OOXML text effects implemented, improved alignment and hyphenation and various fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 8.6.0 - Various enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.0.0 - Enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Total for Cloud - The latest versions of our Cloud products.
- Aspose.Total for Android - a compilation of our latest Android APIs.
- Aspose.Cells for Android 8.1.0 - General enhancements and fixes.
- Aspose.Words for Android 1.9.0 - OOXML text effects implemented, improved alignment and hyphenation and various fixes and enhancement.
- Aspose.Email for Android 4.1.0 - Reply to and forward messages in EWS and other fixes.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.9.2 - PDF template support for subsites and improved PDF to TIFF conversion.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.3.0 - complete support for SQL Server 2014 and various fixes.
- Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.7.0 - Support for XPS export.
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 6.2.0 - Issue with barcode control fixed.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Cells for JasperReports 1.1.3 - Support for JasperReports Server 5.1.
- Aspose.Words for JasperReports 2.1.0 - Improved header and footer management.
- Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports 1.2.0- Compatible with JasperReports 5.5.0 and higher.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In July we sponsor a number of user groups, including:
- 14-17 July: Developer Week, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Denver SQLUG
- Omaha .NET User Group