In an attempt to debug this SSL issue that came up on one of our servers recently I wrote a very simple program to connect to an SSL site in our intranet.
This code fails with SSLHandshakeException on one of our servers, but the same exact code works without issue on another server. I ran the programs with SSL debugging enabled and here are results of each server
**WORKING SERVER - SLES 11.3, Java IBM 1.6.0 64-bit**
**NOT WORKING SERVER: Windows 7, Java JDK 1.6.0_39**
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get this simple code working on my Windows 7 machine? I have been at this all day and pretty lost at this point. Thanks for any help!
Also, the URL for the server is accessible without issue when viewing from the web browser on both machines. It appears just when I try to connect over Java that I have issues.
Hi Raymond, first of all: sorry for my bad english.
Generally you have to provide a TrustStore to Java, which contains your public server-certificate.
if the connection works in your browser you can see all trusted certificates there an download the one you need.
Java normaly uses the truststore %java_Home%\lib\security\cacerts.
With "keytool -list", you can check if this truststore includes the needed certificate.
if not, you have to add it.
Beware the other head of science - it bites! Nibble on this message:
free, earth-friendly heat - a kickstarter for putting coin in your pocket while saving the earth