We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Email for Java 4.4.0 . It contains a number of enhancements in addition to the bug fixes reported by our valued customers. Ported from its equivalent .NET version, Aspose.Email for Java 4.4.0 provides the capability to add attachments to Outlook Journal items. The earlier versions of Aspose.Email API lacked this facility as well as saving Journal item to disc. This month’s release also enables application developers to save the Outlook Journal item to disc as MSG file. Aspose.Email for Java already supports creating Outlook Distribution list comprising of multiple contacts. However, setting the distribution list subject and body was missing till yet. We are pleased to share that this month’s release now provides the capability to set the aforementioned properties for a distribution list. This makes the feature more complete in resemblance to the same provided by Microsoft Outlook. As always, we try our best to fix the issues reported by our valued customers. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs reported by our valued customers with our previous version. These include failure to process certain MSG files, date format issues while converting email messages to MHTML, exceptions raised while loading some MSG files and many more. The main improved features & bug fixes added in this release are listed below
- MapiDistributionList: Provide the capability to set Body and Subject of the list
- MapiJournal: Provide the capability to add attachments
- PST: Searching PST by Message Id raises System.NotSupportedException
- Email address, containing escape sequence, is not properly parsed using AE as compared to standard .NET mail library
- MailAddress crashes for address not having name part is now fixed
- Saved MapiMessage opening issue is fixed in Outlook
- Inline image becomes attachment while TNEF file is loaded and saved back as EML on disc is now fixed
- Loading this MSG file hangs AE Java API is now fixed
- EWS: Encoding issue is resolved with Subject of downloaded MSG file
- Email to MapiMessage conversion raises System.UriFormatException
- Exception raised while adding EML to PST
- MailMessage.From.DisplayName misses starting double quote (")
- Inline excel file in Mail message loses formatting
- EML->MHTML, Special characters differ with/without Aspose.License
- Sent Date format issue is fixed while conversion to mhtml
- Downloaded Signed Attachment from Signed Email raises Warning in Microsoft Word is now resolved
- Fixed Attachment traces issue when message body is empty and attachment is removed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Email for Java is a Non-Graphical Java component that enables Java applications to read and write Microsoft Outlook documents without utilizing Microsoft Outlook. It enables developers to create new MSG file from scratch, update an existing MSG file, read Outlook MSG file & get it's properties like subject, body, recipients in to, cc and bcc, Adding or removing attachment, sender information and MAPI properties. Aspose.Email for Java can be used with Web as well as Desktop Application.
Contact Information Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts [email]email@example.com[/email]
Oh the stink of it! Smell my tiny ad!
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop