Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 14.8.0 . This month’s release contains over 79 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Some important features and API changes in this month’s release includes Improvements to how TOC field culture and formatting is handled and to advanced rendering features, for example pre-blending semi-transparent images. Timestamping of PDF digital signatures using external timestamp server implemented and Horizontal rotation of characters with HorizontalRotatedFarEast orientation support is also part of this new release. It has improved page layout for additional compatibility modes and floater positioning in complex cases. The new property TimestampSettings has been added to PdfDigitalSignatureDetails. It allows you to timestamp a digital signature in a PDF document using an external timestamp server. The PreblendImages property has been added to the PdfSaveOptions class. It may improve a PDF document’s visual appearance in Adobe Reader and remove anti-aliasing artifacts. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Add property to check either a style is linked or not
- Implement horizontal rotation of characters having HorizontalRotatedFarEast orientation
- Consider providing user more control over Styles.
- Add an option to pre-blend images when saving to PDF
- Document.PageCount hangs the process
- A picture is not preserved during saving to fixed page formats
- Improve DOCX-HTML-DOCX round-trip of given documents
- Images overlap each other in converted PDF is now fixed
- /Wrapped anchor/ Position change is fixedof DrawingML after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Extra space appears between list label and value after re-saving the RTF is fixed
- Enable "Repeat as the header row at the top of each page" option when importing HTML thead rows
Contents shift down issue is resolved after conversion from Doc to Pdf
- Hyperlink text overlapping issue is resolved in HTML
- Extra spaces are presented for particular DOC file - A multi-page Table started rendering from next page in PDF is now fixed
- Multiple font families specified in HTML are now imported as expected.
- Bottom border formatting of table malfunctioning is fixed in this release.
- /floater col X/ AutoShape is rendering towards the left edge of Page in PDF is now fixed
- Nested shape position is now corrected
- Incorrect wrapping scope for nested wrapped shapes in Word 2013 mode is fixed
- Position of Text Box is changed in output Pdf after conversion from Docx is fixed
- A table is shifted to the next page in PDF is now fixed
- Incorrect conversion of watermark from word document to PDF is corrected
- Svg: spare text tags for empty text is now fixed
- Table Border properties in multithread environment is now fixed
- Shape shifted down after DOCX-HTMl-DOCX round-trip is corrected
- Contents move to next pages after conversion from Docx to fixed file format is corrected in this release.
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue is resolved with text alignment in a cell
- Leading spaces lost is fixed after conversion from RTF to HTML
- Contents move to next page after conversion from Doc to PDF is fixed
- Some characters garbled during converting RTF to DOC is now fixed
- Contents position is change is corrected after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Table of Content Fails to follow the document headings font formats is corrected
- Degrees Fahrenheit and Degrees Celsius issues are resolved and now displayed correctly in output documents
- Txt to Pdf/Doc/Docx/Txt conversion issue is resolved with number text
- Shape (Arrow) change is fixed after conversion from Doc to Doc/Docx/Pdf
- Text is not selectable when viewing the HtmlFixed document with browsers
- Acrobat Distiller produces garbage characters and overlapping content during converting AW generated PostScript file to PDF is now fixed
- Text is now properly hyphenated after unflow.
- Hidden bookmark creation is fixed after joining documents
- Doc to PDF conversion - numbered list indent is now preserved
- OleFormat.Save method save the corrupt vsdx is now fixed
- OleFormat.Save method save the corrupted docm is now fixed
- Lines wraping at correct words in PDF is now corrected
- Shapes in ODT files after conversion with Excel2Word are now shown properly.
- Lists with the same style now continue numbering, issue is resolved
- Vertically oriented text appears outside the table upon rendering is now corrected
- Header disappears after converting ODT document is now fixed
- Headers/Footers lost is fixed during loading the document
- Shapes are rendered at incorrect places in PDF is now corrected
- Returned Table and Cell padding values are now corrected
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.