We are in the process of evaluating multiple combination of technology stacks to build a new generation web app with more of a Micro-services based architecture with other drivers being cloud readiness, responsive, cross channel, embracing API’s, heavy client side architecture, stateless applications, dynamically scalable applications etc.
Technology Stacks being evaluated:
1. Spring Boot, embeddable Tomcat container , Spring web MVC (to build rest controllers) , Servlet 3 Async , RxJava
2. Spring Boot, embeddable Undertow container , Spring web MVC , Servlet 3 Async , RxJava – Similar to first except the servlet container , Under tow is more responsive than tomcat.
3. Spring Boot, Ratpack, Reactor - this is a netty based implementation with spring support
4. Type safe Play using Scala and Akka.
Evaluation Parameters: The feedback can be along some of the following parameters (but you might have more as well):
1) Ease of adoption & learning curve.
2) Scalability & performance
4) Industry feedback and adoption rate. Any known implementation within TCS that we know of.
5) Modularity and cloud readiness.
Note: I am quite new to these and trying to catch-up with them via reading but, wanted to see if I can hear any first hand experience on these.