This week's book giveaways are in the Cloud and AI/ML forums. We're giving away four copies each of Cloud Native Patterns and Natural Language Processing and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
Aspose Newsletter for March 2015 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint components, Android & REST APIs. It also includes information about comparing Aspose.Cells ODS to PDF conversion results using Officeshots, Spotlight on Aspose.Email for .NET and Java, HTML5 spreadsheet editor showcases, advanced redaction support will be added in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.2 and support for JPEG 2000 as well as EXIF orientation tag in Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.8, & much more.
Need more control over Email in your applications??
Aspose.Email for .NET and Java are powerful APIs which allow developers to add email features to their apps. Send and manage emails, work with Microsoft Outlook tasks, notes and calendar items, convert emails between formats, control attachments and much more. Start a free Trial .
Aspose.Words Extends Support for WordArt and DrawingML
Aspose.Words now features a new reporting engine that supports LINQ method syntax in report templates. There are many improvements related to quality and performance of rendering DrawingML, WordArt, linked textboxes, connected shapes, floating tables, right-to-left and Asian languages. Read more about extended support for WordArt and DrawingML rendering in Word files.
Aspose.Words 15.1 adds a more powerful Word Fields API
Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java both now feature a more powerful public API for adding and editing Fields within a Microsoft Word document. The new fields API provides far more control over switches and properties of each field within your Word document as well as support for new types of field. Read More
Advanced Redaction support will be added in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.2
Aspose.Pdf for .NET 10.2 will add a brand new feature allowing for complete redaction of sensitive content in your PDF documents. The redaction feature will allow full control over ‘obscuring’ both text and image content from a document, ensuring sensitive data is not just obscured but completely removed all while not affecting positioning of adjacent content. Aspose.Pdf for .NET will be released in early March. Check out the Aspose.Pdf Blog for the latest product news.
Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.8 will feature support for JPEG 2000 and EXIF orientation tag
The next Aspose.Imaging for .NET release will support both reading and writing to the JPEG 2000 file format for the first time. Another highlight in this release is a brand new feature which allows auto-rotating your images based on the EXIF orientation tag embedded by modern cameras. Find out more .
Compare Aspose.Cells ODS to PDF conversion results using Officeshots
Aspose.Cells for .NET Officeshots factory is a distributed web application available on Officeshots.org which lets you upload OpenDocument Spreadsheet (ods, ots) files and review the quality of the PDF conversion created by Aspose.Cells for .NET. This factory enables you to quickly check the quality of Aspose.Cells for .NET PDF rendering using your own spreadsheet documents. find out more Compare Aspose.Cells ODS to PDF conversion results .
HTML5 Spreadsheet Editor Showcases Aspose.Cells for Java
To demonstrate the power of Aspose.Cells for Java, we have created an HTML5 Spreadsheet editor which demonstrates how to integrate Aspose.Cells for Java into a modern Java web application. The latest version has just been released and includes an updated UI and new features such as Inserting and Deleting cells. Learning from this project can be a great start to your own Aspose.Cells project, just download the source code. Read more about HTML5 Spreadsheet Editor Showcases .
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.2 - support for Shape Connectors, Improvements in Tight Wrapping, Overlapped and Nested Floating Objects, and much more.
- Aspose.Words for .NET v15.1.0 - New and improved Fields API and Structured Document Tags API, improvements to HTML import/export and 75 other fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf for .NET v10.1.0 - Support for calculating the total number of pages without saving the PDF document, improvements to rendering of Arabic text and a range of other enhancements.
- Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.1.0 - Various improvements and fixes including support for explicit and rule based font changing and removing macros from a presentation file.
- Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.8.0 - Improvements in BarCode Scanning Techniques allow for recognition of a wider range of barcodes.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 7.4.1 - Improvements to performance and bug fixes to this legacy version before it is completely replaced by the major update Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.1.
- Aspose.Email for .NET 5.0.0 - Appointments having BOM Characters now supported along with over 20 other fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of our latest Java products.
- Aspose.Words for Java 15.1.0 - Code optimized for Java versions 6+. New and improved Fields API and Structured Document Tags API, improvements to HTML import/export and 81 other fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.0.0 - Extract text from a table based on columns and over 20 other improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Slides for Java 15.1.0 - Support for managing VBA macros inside presentations, exporting PPT files to HTML and over 30 other improvements and fixes.
- Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.4.1 - A minor release with small bug fixes.
- Aspose.Email for Java 5.0.0 - Appointments having BOM Characters now supported in addition to other general fixes and enhancements.
- Aspose.Total for Cloud - The latest versions of our Cloud products.
- Aspose.Total for Android - a compilation of our latest Android APIs.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In February Aspose is sponsoring a number of user groups and upcoming events, including
- 10-12 March: Devnexus 2015, Atlanta, GA
- 24-26 March: DevWeek 2015, London, UK