In Appendix H of Ivan's notes, it assumed that you have already install Maven plugin to Eclipse.
I had some difficulty to install it from the "Eclipse Marketplace".
Then, I figured out another way to install the plugin:
1. Select Help->install new software in the menu.
2. In the "work with" field, type this : http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/1.3 3. Follow the screen's instructions to install Maven.
4. Restart Eclipse.
5. Create a Java project called JavaSEEJBApp, as described in Ivan's notes.
6. Right click on the project in the project explorer.
7. Select configure-> convert to Maven project.
8. Following Ivan's instruction to create the pom.xml first and then develop the JavaSEEJBApp project.
9. Right click on the JavaSEEJBApp project, select Maven->update project.