• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Henry Wong
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Piet Souris
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Jesse Duncan
  • Frits Walraven
  • Mikalai Zaikin

iplanet unable to lookup EJB in weblogic4.5.1

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi ,
I am using 3 tier architecture where my servlets and htmls are placed in the iplanet webserver4.1 and my EJB in
are in weblogic server 4.5.1 and the Weblogic server uses oci driver to connect to oracle 8.1.6 .
when I am trying to access the EJB which is deployed in weblogic4.5.1 from servlets which are on iplanet webserver 4.1
.I am facing a problem , the servlet in iplanet is not able able to lookup the bean which are deployed on weblogic server using their JNDI lookup name .I am using t3 connectivity to comunicate with the EJB from the servlets.My request hangs for a long time and then displays a insecure item dialog box in the browser.when i checked up the weblogic logs i found no exception or errors while the iplanet log showed me this error [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]javax.naming.CommunicationException
.The servlet is unable to lookup the bean and I found the connectivity between the iplanet webserver machine and the weblogic server machine is lost and i was not able to invoke a telnet session from iplanet webserver machine to weblogic server machine it is giving connection refused.however if i shut and start iplanet webserver the connectivity is restablished and i am able to invoked the bean from the servlets.This problem is happening once in a while but still i am not able to find a permanent solution for it can anybody give the reason why this is happening the only solution that i have now is to restart iplanet webserver.

thanks for your ideas in advance
vinodh

[This message has been edited by vintu79 (edited October 30, 2001).]
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
Can u please tell me how you established the connection between your iplanet web server and the weblogic app server ?
Aruna
[This message has been edited by Aruna Vaidyanathan (edited December 02, 2001).]
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 60
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i have similar proble i am not sure if you encounter:
i have a working app runing on wls 6.1.
when i make a call from iplanet weserver every thing is ok except i loose the path to my images it looks like when dynamically create the pages for me it changes the paths .. any idea?
thanks

Originally posted by vintu79:
hi ,
I am using 3 tier architecture where my servlets and htmls are placed in the iplanet webserver4.1 and my EJB in
are in weblogic server 4.5.1 and the Weblogic server uses oci driver to connect to oracle 8.1.6 .
when I am trying to access the EJB which is deployed in weblogic4.5.1 from servlets which are on iplanet webserver 4.1
.I am facing a problem , the servlet in iplanet is not able able to lookup the bean which are deployed on weblogic server using their JNDI lookup name .I am using t3 connectivity to comunicate with the EJB from the servlets.My request hangs for a long time and then displays a insecure item dialog box in the browser.when i checked up the weblogic logs i found no exception or errors while the iplanet log showed me this error [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]javax.naming.CommunicationException
.The servlet is unable to lookup the bean and I found the connectivity between the iplanet webserver machine and the weblogic server machine is lost and i was not able to invoke a telnet session from iplanet webserver machine to weblogic server machine it is giving connection refused.however if i shut and start iplanet webserver the connectivity is restablished and i am able to invoked the bean from the servlets.This problem is happening once in a while but still i am not able to find a permanent solution for it can anybody give the reason why this is happening the only solution that i have now is to restart iplanet webserver.

thanks for your ideas in advance
vinodh

[This message has been edited by vintu79 (edited October 30, 2001).]


 
pie. tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic