Headquartered in San Diego, California, Agile IT has been serving cloud related services to progressive companies nationwide since 2006. The company is vastly growing (again) to add new team members that can relate to our core values and help us continue with our responsible growth.
The company is vastly growing and we are constantly looking to add new team members that can relate to our core values and help us continue with responsible growth. Agile IT is seeking a Microsoft Messaging Engineer to work out of our office located in San Diego, California.
The Microsoft Messaging Engineer is a senior level consulting engineer within the Datacenter Team. This post-sales position is customer-facing and consists of the delivery of business-transformation technology projects, as well as providing consulting services for next-generation projects and services. The Microsoft Messaging Engineer will work remotely with customers to plan and execute migrations from Exchange, SharePoint, Google Apps, Lotus Notes and other collaboration systems to Microsoft Office 365 or an On-Premise Exchange deployment.
Agile IT works on the latest technologies (primarily Microsoft) and is a leader in deploying them in the market. Based on this, we understand that there might not be many applicants that have certain experiences. Once hired, you’ll be mentored and trained in one or more of the following technologies by our senior staff.
Agile IT Microsoft Messaging Engineer deliver technical designs, implementations, and support services. These services will include projects within the following areas:
Design, Deployment, Upgrade, and Decommission of Microsoft Exchange (2007-2013), to include strong knowledge of the following and how it’s utilized by Microsoft Exchange:
• Active Directory
• Basic Networking
• High Availability and Disaster Recovery configurations (not required, but highly preferred)
• Mailflow and Connectors
• Outlook client configuration
• PST and OST Files
Ideally, a candidate will have the following Office 365 skills. However, the successful candidate will be trained on these areas if they have a strong Microsoft Exchange background:
• Hybrid configurations between on-premises Exchange and Office 365 using DirSync
• Moving or expanding Active Directory from on premise to Azure
• Public Folders Migrations to One Drive
Certification in selected Microsoft Cloud services is required as well as experience. If you have not previously attained Microsoft Azure Certification, you must pass the exam within your first 60 days using self-study and on-the-job training.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
• Dedication to customer satisfaction and getting it right the first time
• Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Strong trouble-shooting skills across a broad and diverse population and environment
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal customers, develop and grow relationships with peers in the organization
• Demonstrate ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, and adopt new methods and best practices. Also focused on continuous self-improvement.
• Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, clearly and concisely present issues, alternatives, and recommendation(s)
• Strong technical documentation skills, ability to clearly record key information within incident tracking and knowledge base systems
• Ability to use incident tracking software
• Appreciation of internal customer business, goals and objectives, strategies, and needs
• Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, aggressive targets and deadlines.
• Demonstrate understanding of priorities and effective work procedures, self-manage work time and prioritize multiple tasks and problems
• Demonstrate ability to use rigorous logic to solve difficult problems with effective solutions that are actionable and demonstrate sound judgment
• Demonstrate productivity and drive for results, bottom-line oriented, execute directives as expected and can be counted upon to exceed goals successfully
• Demonstrate adaptability to manage change, maintain effectiveness in varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people
Education and Certifications:
• The successful candidate will hold:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent industry experience
• 8 years of successively more responsible experience as a consulting engineer
• Strong communication and consulting skills, including technical writing skills and the ability to listen and understand client issues