This week's book giveaway is in the Reactive Progamming forum. We're giving away four copies of Reactive Streams in Java: Concurrency with RxJava, Reactor, and Akka Streams and have Adam Davis on-line! See this thread for details.
As one of the world’s leading insurance groups, our mission is to help our customers, from individuals and small businesses to multinational corporations, understand risk, and protect the things they truly love. And, with around 60,000 colleagues in more than 170 countries, we’re committed to becoming the best global insurer – for our people as well as our customers and shareholders. Here, you’ll have the security of a solid base, in a financially strong institution that supports your long-term goals. Put simply, we’re the intelligent choice for your career. Love a challenge? Tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. Challenge yourself finding ways to protect the things people care about most. If you want to love what you do, work with us.
We are an award winning organisation General Insurer of the Year, hold CII Chartered Insurer and are listed as one of The Sunday Times Top 25 best big companies to work for.
We are looking for experienced QA, Test, Release & Configuration professionals to join our fast paced Operations & Technology team in General Insurance. You will be responsible for the managing the quality of all projects for a designated Business area. You will be working with the Head of Quality Management to define and evolve the QA framework to be implemented across the organisation including but not limited to, offshore capabilities, operational efficiencies, and SDLC testing processes and tools. The role will be to manage the outsourced managed test service, monitoring budgets, quality gates and SLA metrics. Managing operational customer and vendor relationships to ensure activity is completed within agreed statements of work and specific service levels. This is a fantastic opportunity to add value through your existing experience, whilst continuing to develop your career within an experienced and collaborative environment. This role will give you the opportunity to attain professional BA qualifications and build a professional and trusted profile with senior management and stakeholders across the business.
Main Accountabilities: • Contribute to long term strategy and provide impact and risk assessment by developing the Quality Roadmaps;
• Provide strategic guidance to the Project Managers as required;
• Ensure that standards from test service are documented, approved and of appropriate quality;
• Provide high-level options and facilitate estimates for projects presented by the PMO and the Front Door Process as required;
• Define the toolset applicable to test and quality initiatives and projects;
• Set the test and quality standards and technologies to be used for UKGI;
• Responsible for test and quality management alignment with the IT Strategy;
• Identifying opportunities for test and quality; identifying opportunities for reducing cost, increasing speed to market and increasing quality;
• Through the IT Governance process, ensure that the test principles and quality standards are adhered to;
• Clear understanding of quality objectives for all projects within control;
• Create and update the quality framework / toolset to achieve a quality outcome for all projects;
• Ensure standardisation of quality processes and procedures across the department;
• Manage the vendor responsible for the managed test service, recommending and confirming ideas for lowering cost and increasing the speed of test services;
• Implement a quality management system including quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement to implement quality and governance strategies across the business area;
• Works on continual improvement of processes, tools and quality related skills of personnel. Assesses adoption of quality tools and standards (efficiency). Analyses relation between process and outcomes;
• Support the Head of Quality Management in quality initiatives;
• Maintain a perspective on emerging test and quality management advancements in IT;
Your skills and experience: • Ideally, a University degree in Computer Science or a related subject (or equivilant)
• The personality and style of appropriate individual is key to this role and the following is the experience and personal qualities required; Wide Project lifecycle experience, Expertise in Test Strategy / Management, Communication to Exec level.
• A strong analytical person, with excellent leadership skills
• Must possess excellent presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to interface with people at all levels, up to executive board level
• Must possess an excellent understanding of test strategies, quality management across the project lifecycle, test automation, and high-level awareness of the UK-GI Business challenges both internal and external (e.g. markets, regulation)
• Must possess the ability to operate and be comfortable with working at a conceptual and logical level
• A strong and highly energetic person who is driven to succeed, a ‘can do’ achiever who can take the initiative to see changes through to delivery
• Leads firmly but in a cooperative way by giving room and by delegating responsibility within clearly defined goals;
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
As an equal opportunities employer, Zurich celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
In 2014 Zurich achieved 14th place in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to work for, the fifth year in a row that we have featured in this list - which we are incredibly proud of!