Last week, we had the author of TDD for a Shopping Website LiveProject. Friday at 11am Ranch time, Steven Solomon will be hosting a live TDD session just for us. See for the agenda and registration link
At Barclays, our goals revolve around helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way – and that’s what makes this such a great place to work. Here, you’ll be part of an organisation with a clear vision and strong shared values, where you’ll always be recognised and rewarded for your contributions.
As a Barclays Decision Analyst, you’ll play a key role in a dynamic team that understands the artistry behind the science of data.
We’ll rely on you to look beyond the ones and zeroes to find meaningful, human insights into our products, services and processes. Engaging with customers, you’ll think creatively to solve business problems and implement your innovative vision to improve our customers’ experience.
To make that happen, you’ll be surrounded by some of the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable colleagues in the business, as well as all the tools, training and opportunities you need to develop your career in a way that’s right for you.
1.2 Key responsibilities:
• Designing and implementing innovative ways to identify and connect with our customers’ unique needs and ambitions
• Developing your expertise in our products and services, as well as current market trends, while delivering effective solutions to improve performance across the business
• Building relationships with senior colleagues in multiple areas, providing authoritative advice to drive intelligent, strategic decision-making
• Converting complex data into meaningful, customer driven insights and presenting to audiences without limited technical expertise
• Actively collaborating on projects that will improve the accuracy and availability of our data
1.3 Experience required:
• Extensive analytic experience, preferably developed within a digital, telco, finance or customer-focussed industry
• A proven record of creating both financial and behavioural business models, using innovative analysis tools to identify risks and opportunities
1.4 Skills and Qualifications:
• A practical knowledge of data warehouse and management information practices and principles
• Expertise in a range of programming areas, including SQL, Python, R, Java, Hive and Pig
• The confidence to transform data into compelling, customer driven stories
• A degree in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering
• A passion for data outside of work, with a drive to explore new technology
• A team player with ability to self motivate
• Some SAS knowledge is beneficial