We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 8.9.0 . This month’s release includes enhancements to the API functionality of working with Primavera file formats. Aspose.Tasks API already supports working with Primavera XML files. Such XML file may contain more than one project in a single file where each project is identified through its unique id. Like its equivalent .NET version, this month’s release provides the capability to read individual project from such project documents using its unique id. A new class, PrimaveraXmlReadingOptions, has been included in the API now for specifying the project’s unique id for loading. Aspose.Tasks API now supports adding a Root task to a project file in case it is not already available. This helps the API reading Primavera XML files that does not have any Work Break Down (WBS) inside and contains only activities. In addition, the API now provides the PrimaveraXmlOptions class to save the XML file with or without the created root task. The value of this flag is set to true by default. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs that were reported with our last month’s release. For a detailed list of what is new and fixed, please the product download page of Aspose.Tasks for Java API. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
- Implement ResourceRateNodeReader ,ProjectCurrencyNodeReader for PrimaveraXml Reader
- Implement Primavera Xml Save Option
- Reading Primavera XML file with multiple projects
- Provision of including Image in Page Header/Footer
- Implement Export/Import Project Data as HTML
- HtmlSaveOptions class is missing in latest version
- MSP does not show task split when opening resaved mpp file.
- OutlineValue properties not read properly from MPP
- Task segments (Splitted task) are lost while saving XML to MPP using Aspose.Tasks
- Loading Primavera XML file raises NullReferenceException
- Calendar Exceptions not read properly
- Prj.MinutesPerDay returns 0 for Primavera Project file
- Task with Empty Duration, Start and Finish dates not created in Manual Mode
- Wrong dates read from Primavera XML file
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.