• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Weblogic 7, Oracle 9i - "access not allowed" error

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 80
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
All:
I am looking for any suggestions/help/advice/etc on my problem. The background is this, I have an application that uses 3 MDBs, 3 Entity Beans, is deployed on Weblogic7.0 (the latest), and needs to query an Oracle9i database.
I have set up my drivers and URL, they work fine under a normal java class making a connection. They also return "success" when using dbping to test the connection, so the set up is right.
When Weblogic starts, the connection pool is made, the DataSource is fine -- but when the EJB is deployed it comes back with the SQLException "Access not allowed".
I've put the classes12.zip file at the beginning of the classpath, modified the setenv.cmd file so the PATH includes %ORACLE_HOME%\bin and %WL_HOME%\bin\oci920_8.
I've also put in the following in the weblogic-ejb-jar file:
<security-permission>
<description>Oracle</description>
<security-permission-spec>
grant {
permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "loadLibrary.ocijdbc9";
};
</security-permission-spec>
</security-permission>
I've even tried to do what the Security Manager portion of the Weblogic documentation says to do. It said to "activate the security manager" by putting the following line in the startWeblogic file:
-Djava.security.manager
None of these have worked -- I keep getting that error. Like I said previously I have tried the connections and they have worked through other methods.
I've tried everything, including using an XA driver -- to no avail.
Thanks!
--------------
The connection pool information follows (from the config.xml file):
<JDBCConnectionPool CapacityIncrement="1"
DriverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" InitialCapacity="1"
LoginDelaySeconds="1" MaxCapacity="36" Name="P3IConnectionPool"
Properties="user=EI_SERVICES;password=EI_SERVICES;dll=ocijdbc9;protocol=thin"
RefreshMinutes="0" Targets="beaserver"
TestConnectionsOnReserve="true" TestTableName="STATE_LKUP" URL="jdbc racle:thin:@192.168.23.45:1521 RASUN"/>
 
Angela Margot
Ranch Hand
Posts: 80
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just in case anyone needs this in the future....
After creating the connection pool in Weblogic 7.0 (using the Weblogic console) right click on the connection pool and select "Define Policy", select "Default Authorizer", then enter "Caller is a member of the group everyone" and apply.
That takes care of the problem... didn't happen in Weblogic 6.1
 
With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic