The issue I have is that I rely on target/launch.html (and other files) to be present, as this is the target for replacing values in. My structure is:
... src has the values that need to be replaced
if i run clean, then the file(s) are not there, and the replace task fails.
nonetheless - i ran clean, and then package, the war was generated, but still launch.hhtml had the old timsetamp, and values were not replaced.
If i open up target/launch.html (outside of war, and just from the directory) the values ARE replaced... but its like maven ignores that, and then copies over the src/launch.html (with unreplaced values).