Aspose development team is very excited to announce the new release of Aspose.Note for Java 2.2.0 . This month’s release introduces new features and enhancements along with bug fixes that were reported in our last month’s release. Specifically, the API now supports Microsoft OneNote online file format. In addition, it provides support for adding alternate text for images as well as set different page splitting algorithms. This month’s release of Aspose.Note for Java supports OneNote online file format, known as OneNote SharePoint file format. However, this feature comes with some limitations due to the lack of available specifications for reading such contents. These limitations are Hand written drawings are not supported and embedded Files/Images are also not supported. However, we are investigating all possible methods for supporting these and hope to include these in one of nearest releases. This month’s release also provides an enhancement where alternative text can be added for image. This can be achieved by setting the AlternativeText property of the Image class using the setAlternativeText method. A OneNote document may contain a number of images and other documents at locations that cannot be retained while converting the document to other formats. This can result in displacement of such content to next page, for example, if it lies on the page border. This month’s release empowers users to specify the page splitting algorithm while converting the document to other formats. Bellows is the list of new and enhanced features included in this new release.
- Add support for OneNote Online file format
- Add support for alternative text in image
- Implement different algorithms of page splitting during PDF export
- Add custom exceptions for most of exceptional scenarios t
- Not Supported Exception while loading OneNote files
- Long solid text cannot be saved to OneNote format
- IOE is thrown in case page revision does not have create time property
- Error on save to OneNote format when PageNode does not have last modified time property
- Output OneNote page has wrong layout in the evaluation mode
- User File raises Exception while loading using the API
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Note for Java documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.Note for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Note is a feature-rich Java class library that enables java applications to programmatically interact with OneNote documents without requiring MS Office OneNote having installed on the server. This Java API empowers developers to Create, Read, Export and Manipulate the contents of the Microsoft OneNote file format by working with attachments, text, hyperlinks, tables, tags and text styles. Easily extract images from OneNote documents and convert them to PDF, BMP, JPG, GIF and TIFF image formats.