We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.4.0 . This version focuses on the conversion quality of Visio diagrams and mitigates the problems of altering the font name, font size, font style (bold, italic, underline), line style and so on. It also covers the aspects of partial rendering of the shape or losing the structure of the shapes in output diagram. The text items in the shape may have a font or other kind of formatting applied to it, such as bold or italic, which might change on exporting a Visio diagram to other supported file formats. We have tuned the behavior of font styles on saving, that helps in keeping all original formatting intact. Upon changing the layout of shapes or simply converting the whole diagram, the lines may get routed differently. The dotted lines may appear as solid lines which will be the cause of confusion to distinguish between different types of objects. This version has also improved the layout algorithm to support different type of spaces and alignments. This helps to keep the original layout of the diagram unaltered.Using Aspose.Diagram API, we have also improved the ability of writing VSDX diagram. This release includes several enhanced features and bug fixes as listed below
- Set Font Styles in Visio Export
- Preserve the Original Layout in Visio Export
- VSD to PDF conversion, incorrect layout of the text in shapes.
- VSD to PDF conversion, the text of shapes is not bold.
- VSD to PDF conversion, the text of shapes is not italicized.
- VSD to PDF conversion, the font-size of the text in shapes is changed.
- Open and save routine of a VSDX diagram has lost theme of the shapes.
- Open and save routine of a VSDX diagram has lost the arrows of connectors.
- Open and save routine of a VSDX diagram has changed a dashed line position.
- NullReferenceException occurred when creating an empty VSDX diagram.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Diagram for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure Java alternate for MS Visio Object Model. It is a standalone Visio Java library and does not depend on Microsoft Office Visio. It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files and they can open files & Add & manipulate the elements of the diagram, export Visio files to PDF, XML, HTML, images format, SVG & several other formats, Rotate a shape, Add a hyperlink to a Visio shape, protect diagram shape and many more. Aspose.Diagram can be used with any kind of application, whether it’s a Web Application or a Windows Desktop Application.