I have to write about the following topics, and I'd like to know whether they have changed from Hibernate 3 to Hibernate 4 and Hibernate 5.
I looked at the what's new docs and it doesn't seem to me. I'm asking this because I have an old "Java Persistence with Hibernate" manual for HB 3 and I'd like to use that as the source for information.
The topics are:
• data types: entity and value types
• complex types: collections, components, composite-types...
• object lifecycle (load, delete, etc)
• Fetch strategy: default; hql: join; the n+1 queries problem and prefetching ("left join fetch")
• Cache: first and second level cache
• Native queries
• Hibernate, lazy loading and proxies
• Hibernate, equals and hashCode