The new version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 7.8.0 has been released. This release supports generating Code32 and Datalogic2of5 barcodes. You can also read Code32, Datalogic and MICR barcodes. A new manual hint to skip rotated barcodes when reading barcode images has also been added to this release. Aspose.Barcode for Java allows you to turns off the rotation algorithms and increases the recognition speed. BarCodeReader.setManualHints can be set to ManualHint.SkipRotatedBarcodes for this purpose. There are some impotent improvements part of this release, such as, 417 barcode recognition has been improved, Path IV barcode recognition has been improved, DataMatrix barcode recognition has been improved, More than 64 barcode types are supported and Aztec barcode recognition has been improved. Below is the list of main improved features and bug fixes added in this release.
- Add new BarCode type: Code32
- Add new BarCode type: MICR (only reader)
- Add new BarCode type: Datalogic2of5
- Add a manual hint "SkipRotatedBarcodes"
- Unable to recognize PDF417 barcode
- System.OutOfMemoryException thrown for a specific PDF document
- Incorrect Path IV recognition
- Recognize DataMatrix with small module and a blur
- Unable to read PDF417 barcode with a data length of 650 characters
- Support the API with more than 64 barcode types
- Can't recognize sample Aztec from specification
- Can't recognize Aztec with a lot of data
- Can't recognize DataMatrix code from PNG image
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.BarCode for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.BarCode for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.BarCode is a Java based visual component for generation & recognition of 1D & 2D barcodes to support Java and web applications. It supports 29+ barcode symbologies like MSI, QR, OneCode, Australia Post, Aztec, Code128, Code11, EAN128, Codabar, Postnet, USPS and also supports image output in GIF, PNG, BMP & JPG formats. Other features include barcode size & color settings, rotation angle & caption. You can render barcodes to images, printers, HTTP servlet response & graphical objects too.