I have been learning English about 5 years and algorithms with data structures more than 2 years. But I’m still not fluent on it. After many years of working with books and different courses, I decide to apply for SWE position at big companies. I wrote a resume and cover letters. I would be very grateful if somebody helps me to check typos and errors in my English and provide me a feedback.
Resume/Software Development Engineer
Employment: Java developer/Liberty Mutual Insurance/from Nov 2014
Simplified user interaction by using multithreading in Java to confirm electronic insurance policies
Created the system of personal messages using JSF
Developed the back-end and front-end in Java with RichFaces, Spring: wrote several backbeans and views with the MVC architecture, mapped Entities to stored procedures etc.
Junior Java developer/Sibers Ltd/Jun 2013 – May 2014
Analyzed the performance of project by counting amount of round-trips to DB
Implemented the back-end in Java using Spring, Hibernate
Deleted the irrelevant payment method from the system
Developed front-end features: different tabs in a page, JSON requests and dynamic pages with JS
Made a presentation for colleagues: “Thread-Safe Servlets/JSP”
Projects: Order management (March 2016 – until now)
● Developed the project nsk-krasota.rhcloud.com in a cloud environment in Java with Spring Roo, where an administrator can manage orders of different users. The source code: github.com/aurus-nsk/beauty
AWS local fakes (Oct 2016)
● Wrote the concurrent and distributed code for fakes that substitute services from AWS (SQS, S3) during local development. The source code: github.com/aurus-nsk/AWS-local
Robot (Jan 2013 – May 2013)
● Created the software for the robot which was presented at the venture fair:“Siberian fair”: http://business.ngs.ru/article/67002/ (rus)
Linear regression to predict a profit (Sept 2012)
● Implemented machine learning algorithm - linear regression with one variable to predict profits for a food truck. The source code: github.com/aurus-nsk/ML
Dear, Hiring Manager for Software Development Engineer position.
I am interested in the Software Development Engineer (Job ID: 463519) advertised on www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/463519.
With a strong background in a software development and ~ 3 years of experience in Java, I am confident that I can be a good software engineer at Amazon and produce clean, maintainable code.
My qualifications include the following:
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services. I wrote fakes to substitute services from AWS(S3, SQS) during local development that can be found in my GitHub repository.
· Knowledge of multithreading and distributed systems. I wrote thread-safe and inter-process safe code. Also, I took a special course “Multithreading in Java”.
· Knowledge of object-oriented design, algorithm and data structures. I efficiently used it to build the software in a professional distributed team.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes and testing. I have an experience of software development the an international company.
· I’m interested in a Big Data and machine learning algorithms. I completed several online courses on these subjects.
I would love to discuss this opportunity further.