• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Disagreement with Moderator Action

Ranch Hand
Posts: 385
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Henry Wong wrote:
and the rattlesnakes noticed the commotion.  There are quite a few dead cows in that previous topic now for that topic to continue.  

So, here is a restart... this is an interesting topic, so feel free to discuss again. However, please remember that this topic is in the rattlesnake pit. Please keep your cows from venturing to close to the rattlesnakes. And my condolences to those who lost cows in the previous topic.


Actually, from what I can see, only one person lost cows. Two.

Another person lost no cows.

My cows are now asking for justice - they believe all cows are created equal, they do not accept that some cows are more equal than other cows.

I have raised this matter privately by email with a couple of the moderators - I did not send it by PM to any moderator as that is available for all moderators to see, and I don't think that is appropriate. Hopefully I will be able to have an honest debate with them regarding that topic, and what exactly happened. Failing to achieve that, I will contact the owner of this site and ask him for a resolution - he was very honest the last time I contacted him regarding this.

Thank you.
Posts: 23951
jQuery Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser VI Editor C++ Chrome Java Linux Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This topic has been split off from here...


This post is moot, as the original topic has been deleted.

Posts: 23780
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I just came to the ranch office to talk about some other stuff and saw this thread.   I am thousands of things behind, but since this is here, I thought I would clear up some stuff.

In a nutshell .....   I did look into some of this a few days ago.  The bottom line of all this is:  if you wish to keep your cows safe, I suggest that you never take them on a tour of any rattlesnake pit.  This is exactly why it is called "the rattlesnake pit."  

You might try to say "rattlesnakes, you should not bite my cows because it is terribly inconvenient to me, and to the cow.  After all, you should save your venom for something you can actually eat - not waste it on a cow which is far too big."   And yet the rattlesnakes continue to bite.  

There is a popular go-to for stuff like this that has now been proved to be less than accurate, but lets back up 40 years and pretend it is true.  Let's pretend that there was a time when nearly everybody was certain that the world was flat.  So if you make your case and effectively prove that the world is flat, how does that go over for you?   I suspect that 1% are convinced and the other 99% string you up for "heresy" or some such nonsense.  

So if you wander in to visit a group of people that are set on believing in the flying spaghetti monster, and you preach dude-ism, and you were less than persuasive ... and you lost cows by the hands of the pastafarians for shaming his noodliness, then ..... are you honestly surprised?  

Now if a snake charmer wanders into the rattlesnake pit and conveys the same message then it is probable that the snake charmer will walk out with more cows.   I think today's lesson is that you are not a snake charmer.

    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic