This week's book giveaways are in the Cloud and AI/ML forums. We're giving away four copies each of Cloud Native Patterns and Natural Language Processing and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
I want to share my good news! Yesterday I successfully passed the OCEJWSD6 exam with 87 %.
In my opinion the main difficulty is a large number of specs and other sources necessary for preparation.
I started preparation in January 2016 and was ready by June 2016. But I had to interrupt this process via my PhD defense preparation.
I used sources listed in the post OCEWSD Links for preparation:
1) Book Java Web Services: Up and Running by Martin Kalin
2) Notes Mikalai Zaikin's Free OCE WSD 6 Study Guide
3) Java Community Process
- JSR 181: Web Services Metadata for the JavaTM Platform 2.0
- JSR 224: JavaTM API for XML-Based Web Services (JAX-WS) 2.2
- JSR 311: JAX-RS: The JavaTM API for RESTful Web Services 1.1
- SOAP v1.1
- WSDL v1.1
- Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Core
- Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata
- Web Services Addressing 1.0 - WSDL Binding
- Web Services Addressing 1.0 - SOAP Binding
- SOAP Message Transmission Optimization Mechanism
- XML-binary Optimized Packaging
- XML Signature Syntax and Processing
5) Web Services Interoperability Organization
- Basic Profile v1.1
- The WSIT Tutorial
- The Java EE 6 Tutorial
7) Jersey - RESTful Web Services in Java
- Jersey 1.18 User Guide (chapters 1,2,3,4,5)
8) I used Enthuware JWS+ V6 as a mock-exams. And I want to thank the creators for good material tests and notes!
For the future test takers:
- You don't receive your scores right after test completion. Testing program ask you to wait 30 minutes for an email from Oracle, which I received only next day. But you can check your scores almost immediately here.
- The test center required me 2 identity documents. Luckily I took the second. Pay attention for this.