The Digital Messaging Specialist role is based within based within the Digital Centre of Excellence, Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
The Digital Centre of Excellence (DCoE) is a community of digital professionals delivering the change agenda for HSBC throughout UK, Europe, and Middle East & North Africa. The teams within the DCoE include Digital Specialists, Designers, Analysts and Testers who work with global delivery partners to deliver change to Public Websites, Transactional Banking and Mobile / Tablet.
The role of the Digital Messaging Specialist is to be accountable for leading complex digital analysis activities which facilitate the definition and delivery of best in class digital messaging across varied legacy and new digital platforms such as Public Website, Internet Banking and Mobile (including future channels/devices), from initial scoping with markets through the whole development lifecycle through to post implementation support and measurement alongside interpreting Group Digital strategy whilst using regional and local market, customer and competitor insights to define and shape digital messaging propositions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading virtual cross functional teams comprising of participants from local business, DCoE and global HSBC Technology and Services (HTS) teams that possess a wide range of skills that include and not limited to analysis, market understanding, design, optimisation, technology and testing.
• Undertaking tasks in line with User Centred Design methodology, across both the manufacture (definition/design) and deployment environment supporting convergence and reuse globally when and where possible. Lead/participate in digital proposition development at the global level.
• Ensuring flawless and optimum execution of digital value added messages. The jobholder will work closely with providing operational insight, offering a pragmatic approach to Global Digital Teams and other global functions such as Software Delivery (SWD) & Analytics
• Leading & undertaking in-depth analysis to drive out ‘best in class’ digital messaging to ensure sales and excellence in service across digital channel experience.
• Sourcing and interpret data/insight to underpin the design of digital messaging for both manufacture and deployment
• Leading definition and scoping of analysis activity for digital messaging initiatives working with in country teams: identify current state, undertake gap analysis, brief in to design new requirements
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Relevant knowledge of digital messaging consumer focused business
• Experience working in Agile environments
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. consumer technology, retail, finance, and tourism
• Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. digital messaging / digital customer communications
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. understanding of optimisation is desirable but not essential
• Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Digital Tracking software (Adobe, Web Trends) is desirable but not essential
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
• A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
• Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
• Building effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
The base location for this role is Blue Fin Building, Southwark Street, London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.