I am coming back to this forum after a long time. I passed SCJP 1.4 in 2006 and SCWCD 5 in 2007. I have been working in JAVA technology all these years.
I wanted to upgrade to JAVA 8 OCJP. Here are my questions.
1) Is this the exam code for the upgrade exam - 1Z0-813?
2) Do I need to take associate exam before the professional exam? Or can I directly upgrade to OCJP 8?
3) I am gathering all the books. for JAVA 8 exam everyone recommended - OCP: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-809 1st Edition by Jeanne and Scott
Do I also have to buy a separate book for JAVA 6 and 7?
1) Yes, that is the correct exam.
2) By taking 1Z0-813, you are directly upgrading to OCP 8. There is no need to go through the OCA first. (you can if you want to, but not necessary)
3) Our book has an appendix that covers the small amount of content that is on the upgrade exam, but not on the OCP 8 standalone. So no need for another book. In fact, I would recommend against a Java 7 cert book because some content was removed from the exam! (I mention Java 7 rather than Java 6 because so little was changed on the exam in Java 6 anyway).