An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the fast paced Operations and IT department at Zurich. As a Project Managers you will be a trusted advisers in a dynamic and rapidly evolving UK business. You will be responsible for managing the departments most challenging Business Change and IT projects and will be expected to deliver full breadth of business change projects through adversity and high levels of ambiguity and uncertainty.
As a Project Manager you will autonomously lead, engage and influence senior sponsors, subject matter experts, suppliers and other key stakeholders to challenge and drive transformational, tactical and regulatory change with focus on the right customer outcomes. Using your own experience, insight and proactive ownership to take pre-emptive actions to prevent project risks crystalising; whilst exploring all available options.
• Shapes, defines and manages change, identifies and resolves conflicts and manages critical dependencies. Responsible for planning of projects and how these align with the long term plans of the business.
• Collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure delivery of the optimum business and customer outcome by driving the required activities across the project.
• Understands and interprets the business objectives, goals and targets into a tangible deliverable that is sustainable after the project ends.
• Determines most suitable approach to meet business goals, including adoption of any formal project methodology
• Creates (working with the Sponsor) the Business case and benefits plan
• Collaborates with internal and external suppliers to ensure that the business gets best value for change activity
• Provides leadership, advice, guidance, coaching and direction to project team members and shares best practice and experience with peer group to maximise effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
• Manages a project to meet objectives, vision, achieve the success criteria and commercial measures.
• Manages project budget ensuring that resources are allocated in the most effective way.
• Resolves any issues affecting the project and takes remedial action. Develops quality plans.
• Working within a governance framework, providing appropriate controls and reporting on project progress, benefits and achievements in a timely and efficient manner.
• Responsible for the delivery of all project artefacts and communications.
• Supports implementation and training activities including transfer into BAU operational
Your skills and experience:
• A substantial, proven track record of project delivery experience in a relevant business context; including change management involving both IT and business aspects.
• Knowledge of a variety of project management tools, methodologies and best practice.
• Very strong stakeholder management skills
• A good understanding of the business use of IT and digital technology
• Financial & commercial awareness
• Experience of managing or delivering through third party suppliers including both large incumbent strategic suppliers (e.g. FNZ, Capita, DXC) and smaller niche suppliers
• It would be highly advantageous and preferable if the candidate had experience working in the Financial Services industry, notably Life and General Insurance businesses.
• Practical and wide experience of delivery methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and Scrum)
• Project Management qualifications (e.g. Prince 2 or PMI)
The Reward: In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Further information: At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
As an equal opportunities employer, Zurich celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
Who we are: Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.