The new version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 17.08.0 has been released. Before 17.8, it was not possible to set the barcode bar’s height while generating Postal barcodes like postnet, AustraliaPost etc. The major development in this release is the support to generate the postal barcode with specified height. Functionality to recognize GS1Code128 coded barcode has also been improved in this release. Previous versions of Aspose.BarCode, it was not possible to set the height of bars of Postal barcodes like Postnet, AustraliaPost, Planet, OneCode and RM4SCC. Aspose.Barcode for .NET 17.8 now allows developers to set the bar height. The said functionality is illustrated in the code sample on blog announcement page. In addition to above, this release also fixes exceptions that were reported by Aspose valued customers, such as Process of GS1Code128 coded barcode recognition has been enhanced. The functionality has been improved in such a way that it now recognize correct type of GS1Code128 coded barcode, Process of generating EAN14 barcode has been improved, Functionality to recognize DatabarStacked coded barcode has been improved and Functionality of yDimension property has been enhanced. It is now working for 2D barcodes e.g. CodablockF. Below is the list of main improved features and bug fixes added in this release.
- Ability generate a postal barcode with specified height
- Incorrect recognition type for GS1Code128 barcode
- Generates incorrect barcode for EAN14
- Unable to get the supplement code text from EAN13 coded barcode
- Incorrect recognition type for DatabarTruncated barcode
- Can't recognize DatabarStacked code
- Incorrect recognition type for Code93Standard barcode
- yDimension property doesn't work
- Aspose.Barcode is not generating correct UPC-E barcode image when using compact framework
- UPC-A barcode is not generating correct barcode image when using compact framework
- Image has 3 Code39Standard barcodes in it, Aspose.BarCode is recognizing only 1 barcode
- EAN13 barcode is not generating correct barcode image when using compact framework
- BarCode text alignment is not correct with Compact Framework
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.BarCode for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.BarCode for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.BarCode is a Java based visual component for generation & recognition of 1D & 2D barcodes to support Java and web applications. It supports 29+ barcode symbologies like MSI, QR, OneCode, Australia Post, Aztec, Code128, Code11, EAN128, Codabar, Postnet, USPS and also supports image output in GIF, PNG, BMP & JPG formats. Other features include barcode size & color settings, rotation angle & caption. You can render barcodes to images, printers, HTTP servlet response & graphical objects too.