• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 does not work in Weblogic 10  RSS feed

 
Ravi Vanamala
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
Eclipse IDE Java Python
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Mates,

We were using Weblogic 8.1 (JDK1.4) and had a webservice deployed. Our client wanted the data sent in UTF-8 format, so we set a up a JVM parameter -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 in the server startup script. We tried the same thing when we upgraded to Weblogic 10 (JDK 1.5), but the encoding does not work. Is there a new parameter that should be set. Could you please help me out in this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi
 
Andrejs Dasko
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I believe WebLogic accepts utf8, not utf-8. Dash is not allowed. I do not have the resource I read it in, but if anyone has the same problem, you can give it a shot.
 
Matt Cartwright
Ranch Hand
Posts: 152
Linux VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
JAVA_OPTIONS="$JAVA_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=utf8"
should go in your setDomainEnv.sh file because that is sourced by all other lifecycle scripts.
When using NodeManager, make sure it is configured to use scripts.
 
Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!