Hi to everyone! First of all, excuse for my english. I am new in this great forum, who resolve me some doubts before take the exam, thank you all. Yesterday I toke the Java Foundations exam and I passed it with 95%. The exam and the Oracle Academy were free for me, so I took this exam. But I would have preferred to take the 1Z0-808, because the exam level is not so easy as you can think when take the Oracle Academy Tests. In fact, in the exam includes concepts of the next level, which I knew because I read the Jeanne´s book and took some Enthuware tests. Now I am going to prepare the 1Z0-808, so...see you soon! ;)
As you said in that post, the 1Z0-811 is a mix between theory concepts and practice.
- Theoretical questions about the Java Platform and OOP features
- Practices which includes arrays, if statements and switch sentences
- Many practice ant theoretical questions about constructors.
- Boolean operators, including instanceof, which is not included in the lessons
- Questions about mutator method, neither included.
- Practices with short-circuit operators.
- Questions about type casting.
- Questions about the main method structure
- Questions which compares preference of general and concrete instantiacion
- Questions about access modifiers
In summary, the main issue of this exam is that isn´t properly mock exams to take it, and is not so easy pass the exam without it or without experience. So you have to take the fundamentals level if you want to pass the exam, which forces you to study a higher level for finally having a Junior-level certification and being not able to promote to a high level exam without pass through the 1Z0-811, so better take this exam at first!