We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 18.6 . This release introduces a new feature of writing extended attributes information to resource assignments similar to tasks and resources. It also improves the overall API functionality by fixing issues reported with the previous version of the API. Aspose.Tasks API already had the capability to add extended attributes to tasks and resources in a project. This month’s release introduces the capability to add extended attributes information to resource assignments as well. Extended Attributes can be added to resource assignments as plain as well as lookup values. Following examples show adding these two type of extended attributes to the project. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
- Support for reading/writing of extended attributes to resource assignment
- Validation of work contour type for manual tasks and assignments without resource
- Forbid a changing of the work contour type for manual task and assignment without resource
- Implement extended attribute writing for resource assignments
- Fix calculation of Stop/Resume dates when assignment percent work complete equals 100
- Fix calculation of Start/Finish dates when duration is set after them
- Fix calculation of Stop/Resume dates of tasks during recalculation
- AT writes contoured timephased data in wrong way - work is different
- A HyperlinkBase project property value is truncated up to 15 characters
- Duration is zeroed when material resource is being used
- No links on tasks after an export to PDF/HTML/Images
- Resource usage distribution is not correct in the resultant MPP file
- Wrong elapsed duration for a summary task
- Partial baselines are skipped when reading assignments' baselines
- XER to MPP raises TaskWritingException
- Baseline* extended attribute values for assignments are lost in AT-resaved file.
- Wrong duration set for all tasks when edays set for a task
- Wrong dates/duration set in MPP for CalculationMode.None and IsManual = true
- Extra extended attribute value fetched for a task
- Schedule is broken after a resave of XML MSP project with custom timephased data
- Extended attributes lost while resaving MPP file
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.