So, that means all those J2EE 6 exams will be included in one single Java EE 7 application developer exam?
My next goal is Spring framework 5 professional exam.
If anyone knows any good mock exams for Spring, please let us know. Thanks.
It is not about the amount of time you need to pass a certification exam, it is about how much time do you need to learn a topic. Learning a topic is more relevant to your career than having a piece of paper. I know people who have passed certifications but still can't develop decent software. I know more people who haven't got any certificate but are great developers.
Anyway, I will still answer your original question:
- I just finished my OCP today and came to see what's next.
- The jee 6 soon-to-be-retired OCE certifications have no alternatives in jee7 except for one.
- I am building my way towards OCM.
My question is: will the new jee 7 certificate help? If not, what should I do?
posted 3 months ago
Java EE 6 is not wide mainstream now, but some knowledge might still be useful. Example (IMHO): Servlet API, JPA.
Java EE 7 exam - extremely difficult, I took it only because passed all (except JSF) Java EE 6 exams earlier, and it helped a lot.
There is some exam about Java EE from RedHat, consider it as option.
OCM (architect) does not have any pre-requisite to take some exam. Not sure when OCM exam updated, but suspect it valid against Java EE 6.
If your aim is OCM - I would recommend reading books recommended here, do not bother with Java EE 7 exam, and proceed to OCM directly.
Exam 1Z0-810: Upgrade to Java SE 8 Programmer Study Guide and Quiz Exam 1Z0-817: Upgrade OCP Java 6, 7 and 8 to Java SE 11 Developer Study Guide
Thank you Mikalai for your reply. I read your post about passing Java EE 7 and I remember being impressed. I truly admire your efforts.
Now, here are my view:
- I looked up RedHat certification but there is not much chatter about it on the internet and the resources are scarce as well.
- I also looked up Spring certificates, and they seem to be good option.
- I emailed Oracle support about this and they match your description and the pre-requisite to the OCM. However, I can't attempt passing the OCM before passing a few OCE certificates. And Oracle retiring these certificates messed up my plans.
- I am a drifter. So, one of the reasons I take the exams is to focus, memorize and compartmentalize.