This week's book giveaways are in the Cloud and AI/ML forums.
We're giving away four copies each of Cloud Native Patterns and Natural Language Processing and have the authors on-line!
See this thread and this one for details.
Win a copy of Cloud Native PatternsE this week in the Cloud forum
or Natural Language Processing in the AI/ML forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Paul Clapham
  • Knute Snortum
  • Rob Spoor
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Ron McLeod
  • Piet Souris
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Tim Holloway
  • Frits Walraven
  • Ganesh Patekar

JAX-RS 2.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer

 
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 2650
333
Android Eclipse IDE Angular Framework TypeScript MySQL Database Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am using the latest version of Eclipse (2019-03 4.11.0) with the Maven m2e plug-in on Windows 10 (and still new to Maven).

Yesterday things were working fine, but today, after restarting Eclipse, I am seeing an error which seems to indicate that my version of Java is lower than what is required, and I can't figure-out why.  I have seen this kind of error when the Java version is not specified in the pom.xml file (seems like Maven defaults to Java 1.5), but in this case it has been specified.  I believe that the Eclipse settings below are being configured by the Maven plug-in.

Any ideas on what I can look at to resolve this problem?








 
Ron McLeod
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 2650
333
Android Eclipse IDE Angular Framework TypeScript MySQL Database Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Seems like this might have been a problem with Eclipse and not Maven.  

I exported and then imported the project back in to the Eclipse workspace and everything is fine again.


Update: The problem returned after updating my project based on the pom.xml, so still broken.
 
Ron McLeod
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 2650
333
Android Eclipse IDE Angular Framework TypeScript MySQL Database Redhat Java Linux
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I found my problem.  I found that the web.xml file that I had updated to reference schema version 3.1, somehow got put back to version 2.3.


Since I am not using web.xml anyway, I just removed it and added the following plug-in to my pom.xml so that there is no dependency on the web.xml file:
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!