• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

OPT Jobs in USA

Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
E-Verify for OPT
E-Verify is a database system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration. It allows employers who are participating to electronically verify the employment eligibility of newly-hired employees. E-Verify is currently voluntary in most states.
Driving License for F1 International Students
It is always recommended that international students to obtain a particular states Driver’s License if they plan to drive in the United States. A State Driver's License is also required when purchasing a car and obtaining car insurance. However, you must wait until after the add/drop date for classes for the current semester before applying.
Students on OPT
When on OPT, the DMV office requires that you obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) in order to have your extension of your driver's license approved. Take your EAD card and F-1 documents to the Social Security Office to get the SSN first. Then take your SSN, EAD card and F-1 documents to the DMV in order to obtain a license. You must also wait until the *start date* on your EAD card to submit your DL application for it to be accepted.
OPT Employer
How does the US employer know if a student is eligible for employment?
International students (F-1 Visa holders) who have been approved for Optional Practical Training should possess the following documents:
• A valid passport
• A Form I-20 ID (student copy), bearing the endorsement of the Designated School Official (DSO).
• An Employment Authorization Document (EAD). The EAD (Form I-766) is a laminated, photograph I.D. card issued by Immigration with the dates of legal employment.
Things OPT employers have to do when they hire an OPT Student
Employers should verify that the international student possesses an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Once employment has been provided, international students should complete the usual forms:                
• I-9, Employment Verification Form
• The student will complete the upper portion of this form using the end date of the EAD card for the expiration date of permission to work.
• W-4, Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate
      International students are subject to both Federal and State income tax; therefore, they are
      subject to withholding tax. If the employee is a non-resident for tax purposes, use the
    special rules printed on the form once completing the W-4.
Choosing an OPT Start Date
• The "start date" is the date which your work permission starts. You cannot work earlier than the date mentioned, but you can start the work later.
• Your requested start date must be within 60 days after your completion date of the program. For example, if you graduate or complete your exchange program on May 21st, your start date cannot be later than July 20th    
• Alteration in the requested OPT dates after the application has been mailed to USCIS can be very hard. Choose your dates carefully.    
Start your OPT by enrolling filling out a form here http://www.benchfolks.com/opt-jobs.html
OPT Employment Eligibility Verification
Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9 Form):
Within the first three days of beginning work, both the employee and employer must complete a form entitled “Employment Eligibility Verification” (USCIS Form I-9). This form will be kept on file by the employer and must be updated each time renewal of the work permission is received.
Posts: 69847
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to the Ranch

If you would like more exposure for your product, consider paying for an advert.
Then YOU must do the pig's work! Read this tiny ad. READ IT!
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic