Do you want to join an exceptionally talented team and help shape our products, company and future? Do you want to use your expertise, ambition and passion to develop one of the most widely used ed-tech solutions in the world, with customers that include Ivy League Universities, leading car manufacturers and publishers? We’re at the beginning of building a global IT enterprise, so this is a perfect time for you to join us.
Our award-winning software, H5P, is currently used by hundreds of millions around the world. Despite this, we are still in the early phases of our journey and have ambitious goals for our future.
You might expect a company like ours to have its headquarters in Silicon Valley, but our location is far more exotic! Our HQ is in the arctic city of Tromsø, in the North of Norway. You will see the northern lights and most definitely the midnight sun. Despite common belief, you won’t see polar bears roaming the streets though. If you for some reason would prefer a milder winter and the combination big city living, we`re also now establishing an office in Oslo.
As a Web Developer in Joubel, you get to work with an exceptionally talented team of developers and designers. We are agile and constantly improve our tools and processes to make the development experience pleasant and efficient. Currently, we work in focused one- week sprints with peer-reviews for every issue and reach almost every sprint goal. GitHub, Jira and Webpack are central tools and React is currently the most important framework we use, in addition to Laravel for PHP development.
H5P.com is hosted on AWS. It scales automatically, has automatic failovers for most components and we perform rolling updates with no downtime.
Roles and responsibilities:
The focus will be building new H5P content types, improving the existing ones and continuously improving H5P.com, our SaaS version of H5P. The challenges we offer are varied, and all development work includes:
• Excellent programming skills.
• Experience developing robust and efficient code for scalable dynamic web solutions.
• Computer science or related degree.
• You must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Experience with PHP and Laravel is a plus. We use a mix of PHP and node.js on the server-side.
• Experience with AWS architectures is a plus.
All internal communication is in English and 99 % of Joubel's customers speak English. You must write and speak English almost fluently. (Norwegian is not a requirement).
You identify yourself as:
• Eager to learn and willing to improve.
• You have a growth mindset - open, curious, determined, quick to try new things.
• You want to work in a high impact, fast-moving team.
• You play well with others, and your written and verbal communication skills are solid.
What we offer:
• Working in a small group with smart and passionate people.
• A rich variation of challenges and the results of your efforts will be used by millions of people around the world.
• Loose vacation policy.
• Flextime with core time from 9:00 - 15:00.
• Work from the coolest office in Tromsø, Flow Coworking space. Awesome lunch, drinks, snacks and great coffee.
• The opportunity to influence the choice of office space in Oslo.
• Competitive salary.
• Sign-on fee for candidates with an outstanding track record.
• The opportunity to join a fast-growing company early and have a great influence on the future of Joubel and H5P.
• Potentially be part of changing the future for Internet content.
• Highly efficient work environment, goal-oriented and high-spirited.