Hi all, I have been using DB2 until now for my datasource for a J2EE application in WASD V5. There has been no problem till now. But when I tried to change the datasource to Oracle 8.1.7 datasource, I am getting PMGR6020E: Error connecting to adapter exception. During mapping, I used a meet in the middle mapping, there was no problem. RMIC generation after mapping was also successful. I have corrrect binding to the ORACLE datasource in the deplyment descriptor. But when I run the application, there is exception thrown at the first call to the backend Oracle db server from the ejb code. Please note that I had no problem using Oracle 8.1.7 datasource in WSAD V4. I notice that in WSAD V4, i had to specify the username and password for the oracle datasource in the server configuration. WSAD 5 doesn't require that. Could some one please help me out. This very urgent as I am stuck at this point for past few days. Thank you very much in advance for your help. The error trace: -------------------------------------
I am getting the same error trying to run an EJB from the Universal test client. I am running WSAD 5.0 on Win 2000 and trying to connect to an Oracle Database running on AIX UNIX. I was able to connect to the database to create the EJB using a bottom up method. I can see all the methods in the UTC but blow up with the same error as above. My trace looks just the same so I will not post it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on this problem for a week now. Thanks in advance.
Do you have the classes12.zip file in the classpath ? I dont remember what error exactly buy had some database related errors when I tried connecting to oracle so I added the classes.12.zip to the bin and that worked..
Do you have the classes12.zip file in the classpath ? I dont remember what error exactly buy had some database related errors when I tried connecting to oracle so I added the classes12.zip to the bin and that worked..
Hi Byron, I am still having the problem. could you please post on how to get rid of this error ? Because of this problem, I am developing with DB2 but since customer demands Oracle I have to move to Oracle as soon as possible. So please help me out. Thanks a lot arun chalise
I had a similar problem until I worked out the datasource configuration on my WSAD server configuration. I ended up adding a JAAS authentication userid/password for the Oracle 9i datasource (This may or may not be required...). The key, however, for my problem was getting the URL in the datasource correct. For my datasource: 1) I filled in the database name. 2) Provided a URL in the correct format: jdbcracle:thin:@localhost:1521:OEMREP
...where OEMREP is the service name, not the database. 3) gave in a portNumber: 1521 4) left the enableMultithreadedDetection set to false. The key for me was the Service Name in the URL... I started out using a sample database included with the Oracle 9i distribution. The service was OEMREP and contained a HR database/schema. Before I completed this information correctly I received the same message that you are getting. Good luck... [ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Byron Estes ] [ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Byron Estes ] [ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Byron Estes ] [ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Byron Estes ]
Hi Byron, Thanks for your help. The problem for me was I was not using JAAS alias. For DB2 it was probably not required because DB2 was running on my machine and I had the administrator rights to it which was not true for the Oracle datasource. Thanks for your help. Arun Chalise