At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a member of our engineering team, you will play an integral part in making that happen, navigating us into the future and impacting the lives of people all around the world - join us and become a Future Navigator
The Microsoft Identity group serves over a billion active users, powering Identity experiences at the core of almost every Microsoft product and service. Identity is a booming business, quickly reaching over $1 billion in revenue as part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite of services. As we expand on this investment, we are building our presence in Dublin.
This team will help build and manage Microsoft’s online identity providers for all of Microsoft’s online services and platforms like Azure, and Office 365. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances in online security and user management. Our work spans both the consumer and enterprise space and can be found in internet scale online services, the Windows operating system and most phones and handheld devices. Identity engineering employees have deep technical expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, very large-scale experience. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We are seeking experienced and passionate Software Engineers to help grow a team focused on managing and innovating in Azure Active Directory, a hyper-scale, geo-distributed, stateful, fault tolerant, dial tone service. You will be part of building a system that enables further growth and innovation in the entire ecosystem.
As a member of our team you will:
• Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
• Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
• System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
• Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
• Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
• Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered
• Expose test coverage issues, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
• Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
• Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach
• Troubleshoot and optimize automation, reliability and monitoring for production services
• 5+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, or completion of a Code/Developer academy program
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, C#, .NET
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!