Win a copy of Testing JavaScript Applications this week in the HTML Pages with CSS and JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Paul Clapham
Sheriffs:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • fred rosenberger
  • salvin francis
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • Carey Brown

Help WAS 5.1 Wrong Context

 
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Help Please!!!
I have 3 servers created in WAS
1. default server1
2. serverQA
3. serverPROD
I have an duplicate copies of an ear file attached to each, serverQA and serverPROD When I run this the lookups are looking in server1 rather than the serverQA or serverProd that it is attached to. The ear file is not on server1 So I get this error:

[4/1/04 12:10:18:880 CST] 45da68a0 SystemErr R javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: testserver-jeff/nodes/testserver-jeff/servers/server1, name: org/inccrra/ned/ejb/service/SecUserEJBService: First component in name SecUserEJBService not found. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL mg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
Where I can I change so the Context Context: testserver-jeff/nodes/testserver-jeff/servers/server1 is to the right server?
Help Please!!!
Thanks in Advance!
Sybil
 
author & internet detective
Posts: 40035
809
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sybil,
Is your ejb using explicit port numbers?
 
Sybil Santos-Burgan
Greenhorn
Posts: 15
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Thanks, I figured out what my problem was.
I didn't specify the bootstrap address used by my new server for my PROVIDER_URL. If you don't specify it goes to the default port 2089 which happen to be pointing to another server. This link helped me realize my problem.
Thanks!
Sybil
http://www.devx.com/ibm/Article/17220#MultipleInitialContext
 
Farmers know to never drive a tractor near a honey locust tree. But a tiny ad is okay:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic