I have a web application with internationalization feature running well in WAS v3.5.7 We put -Ddefault.client.encoding=ISO8859-1 into command line argument column of application server configuration, And in our jsp page, we put <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=gb2312"> and the character which is �������� will correctly converted into chinese character.
But when we try to do the same thing in WSAD 5.0, it is not working! I put the -Ddefault.client.encoding=ISO-8859-1 command into Java VM arguments column, but it's not working. I found out from some articles saying that since WAS v4.0 they have another command -Dclient.encoding.override=ISO-8859-1 So, I put this one too. But it's still not working.
if I rename the file which consists of chinese character from jsp to html, it will show the chinese character properly.