I am using websphere 5.1 on windows and am trying to do a simple word wrap or line split method.
However when I type chinese on my webpage, the string I get is in xml character reference. So when I find the length of that string its a lot more(155) than the 21 chiniese characters I entered.
在下表中 输入详细参数以明 确您的查找范围
The following is the String I see on debugging.
22312; 19979; 34920; 20013; 32; 36755; 20837; 35814; 32454; 21442; 25968; 20197; 26126; 32; 30830; 24744; 30340; 26597; 25214; 33539; 22260; Note : I've added a space between and the number so that it displays on the screen (Use SC Unipad to convert and see the corresponding chinese)
Is there some setting that I am missing on the server, which is causing the chinese characters to be return in this format.
Following are a few settings/code I have made.
1.) JVM parameters for websphere == -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dclient.encoding.override=UTF-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true