I have added several jar files to common/lib and they seem to load fine, but when I add a third the classes that are in it are not being found, and the result is NoClassDefFound errors. When I unpack the jar into the classes directory instead of putting the jar i the common/lib it seems to work fine. Anyone seen this before? The jar not being found is rather large compared to the rest, about 8.5 megs. OS: Solaris 8 Tomcat: 4.x J2SE: 1.3.1_03 Thanks Guys and Gals! -Jason
I don't think that common/lib is intended for application support classes - there's a separate lib directory where I put my database support jars, at least. For app-specific jars, the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory is what you should be using - otherwise you won't deploy properly should you move to another appserver - not even a Tomcat 3 one.
The secret of how to be miserable is to constantly expect things are going to happen the way that they are "supposed" to happen.
You can have faith, which carries the understanding that you may be disappointed. Then there's being a willfully-blind idiot, which virtually guarantees it.
Everyone is a villain in someone else's story. Especially this devious tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards