Win a copy of Escape Velocity: Better Metrics for Agile Teams this week in the Agile and Other Processes forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Tim Cooke
  • Paul Clapham
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Sheriffs:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Frank Carver
  • Junilu Lacar
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Al Hobbs
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Frits Walraven
  • fred rosenberger

ManegedBean is not fund exception

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 60
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
i hahave problem ri=unning iplanet/tomcat using ajp13. below is the exception i get. any input is highly apreciated.
ServerLifecycleListener: createMBeans: MBeanException
java.lang.Exception: ManagedBean is not found with Ajp13Connector
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanUtils.createMBean(MBeanUtils.java:225
)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:369)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:777)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:751)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Serve
rLifecycleListener.java:339)
at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(Ser
verLifecycleListener.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Adam, have you solved this problem? I can't give you a solution but can provide more information.
Evidently there's a ManagedBean set up for each "managed object" in Catalina (e.g. Valves, Realms, etc.). See http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/funcspecs/mbean-names.html.
I ran into this issue when setting up a new Realm. Evidently all the information listed on the page referenced above comes from an xml file located at org\apache\catalina\mbeans\mbeans-descriptors.xml. (I found it by following that stack trace. It's read by org\apache\catalina\mbeans\MBeanUtils.java, if you have the source.)
What I did was to modify this file, and save it as TOMCAT_HOME\server\classes\org\apache\catalina\mbeans\mbeans-descriptors.xml, so it gets "found" in the classpath before the one in catalina.jar.
I just modeled my entry on a similar class.
My hunch is that this is used to define/pass parameters from server.xml and web.xml. However, there must be a more elegant way to handle this!
It was certainly not an issue in 4.0. :roll:
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Michael,

I know this is an old post, but if you still remember, can you guide me on what parameters I should be modifying. It seems like a hell lot of data and its hard to figure it out.
 
Michael Mendelson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 73
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Unfortunately this was a long time ago and I don't work in the Tomcat environment any more. To make matters worse, I don't even have that source code. I'll tell you what I remember:

I was created a Tomcat Realm, so that I could custom-configure my security settings in the server.xml file. The mbeans-descriptors.xml file defines that inerface. What I did was to take the out-of-the-box mbeans-descriptors.xml and adding my class to it. Because my class was an extension of the Realm class, I took the descriptor for the Realm, extended it, and added a new entry.

Then it was a matter of where to put the class so that tomcat would "see" it, and pick it up BEFORE the original mbeans-descriptors.xml.

I did that as described above.

Good luck, and sorry I don't have more details...
 
Bashar Abdullah
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks a lot
You've done enough. But I think my problem is a bit different. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me thought.

Regards
Bashar
 
All of the world's problems can be solved in a garden - Geoff Lawton. Tiny ad:
the value of filler advertising in 2021
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic