Originally posted by padmanabh dongre:
I am having this problem of getting an error message max cursors open. i have a couple of doubts in this :
1. are database connection (java.sql.Connection class) they also called cursors. can this error come if i dont close my connections properly ??
2. how many connections will be opened by following type of code ? can this be the reason for getting the error max cursor open?
Connection conn = class.forName(......);
void meth2(Connection conn)
// No statement here for closing the connection.
Plz help. its urgent
Originally posted by Shubhashis Dasgupta:
I have a question on JDBC connection pools. I have created a connection pool in WebLogic Server and using it from my application. As we know, in case of hand-coded connection pools we release the connection to the pool, once it is used. How do we release a connection in case of server specific connection pool. I am getting the connection object from a datasource related to the connection pool that I have created in WLS. I do not know how to release it.
Originally posted by Nair Anoop:
I am performing the following operations:
1. Open a connection and execute a query statement
2. I get a resultSet which I wish to update using the same statement and conn. object. It gives me "ResultSet " closed error.
3. If I use a second statement object, it tells me that the conn. is busy with results of another statement.
Please help me solve the above problem.