Great position available with an exciting company in the entertainment industry. It is located in Culver City (Greater LA area, south of LA near the coast) Wonderful company with excellent benefits including 401K, medical, vision and dental insurance, employee stock purchase plan, profit sharing, Direct Deposit and more. Full time permanent position. US citizenship or green card required. Salary range 90K+.
The distinguishing characteristic of the architect is vision: the ability to develop the architecture of a significant software project given minimal or vague needs/requirements. The architect is a technical advisor and visionary, having expertise in the area of analysis and design of software, and is able to provide technical focus to senior engineers and other members of the technical and managerial staff.
While these individuals are very technical and very capable of performing development tasks, these individuals spend the majority of their time in strategic planning, architectural development and review, data analysis, and system analysis. They often work closely with principal and senior software engineers in the development and review of the designs for software projects, ensuring that the designs conform to the architectural framework.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists program management with gathering and discovery of requirements.
2. Guides the development of system architecture and design with the assistance of principal software engineers.
3. Develops innovative solutions to software design challenges.
4. Attends conferences and seminars, follows current literature, and maintains membership in important organizations in order to stay appraised of current technology trends and assesses their impact on ongoing projects and future projects.
5. Represents Company at strategic technical boards, meetings, and conferences.
6. Understands the strategic corporate goals and provides innovative solutions to achieve those goals.
7. Provides expert consultation to management on technical issues.
8. Assists development staff with creating flexible and efficient designs, based on object-oriented design principles, best practices, and personal experience.
9. Promotes and follows software engineering best practices including all phases of the software lifecycle and development of appropriate artifacts (e.g., functional specifications, diagrams, etc.) necessary to understand the designs.
10. Assists Quality Assurance (QA) in developing and reviewing system-testing strategies.
11. Coaches less-experienced engineering staff in the practice of software development.
12. Hold and participate in design and code reviews as a major contributor.
Key Work Habits:
Adaptability, Analysis, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Influence, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking
Design, develop, integrate, and maintain software for:
� Media-rich web sites for entertainment, promotions, e-commerce, community, and broadband.
� Back-end web infrastructure for presentation, application, transaction, reporting, and administration systems.
� High-speed gigabit networking, streaming, broadband delivery, load balancing, and edge-caching.Security, encryption, PKI, and digital rights management.
Programming experience is required in the following areas:
� Java 2 (preferably Enterprise Edition), Oracle 8i, XML, and servlets.
� Industry standard web application servers, components, & services, such as: Dynamo, Vignette, Cold Fusion, Interwoven, Accrue, E.piphany, CyberCash, etc.
� Web session management, transaction servers, personalization, privacy, B2C, and web advertising.
� Integrating community applications: e-mail, chat, etc.
� Multithreading, distributed applications, multi-tier software, and interprocess communication (EJBs, RMI, IIOP, etc.).
� TCP/IP suite, HTTP, and bulk data transfer.
� System and network security, including: encryption, PKI, secure Internet portals, intrusion and integrity detection, etc.
� Familiar with encryption technologies: Key exchange, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, one-way cryptographic hashes, X.509, revocation & renewability, etc.
Experience with Unix and NT native development, ISO C/C++, multicasting, QoS & CoS, and XrML is a plus.
Please respond with your:
�contact information (all your numbers)
�best times to reach you
�US work status
If you aren�t interested but know of someone who is, please pass this information on to them. That would be great.
Stanfield Business Enterprises