Originally posted by Cindy Glass:
ab is a variable. It is NEVER going to be garbage collected.
The "new Long(3)" object that ab refered to for a while is eligible for the gc() at line 9 when the method is over and the arrays that are local to the method get destroyed, so there are no more references to the Long(3) object.
Of course in this method you are always going to return null.
Originally posted by nt novel:
I am a bit confused on this topic and it may be a bit too general but ..
When do you need to define the no parameter constructor explicitly ?
When dont you need to ?
Originally posted by akbar thobani:
well finally passed...thanks a lot to every one who contribute to this forum. some thoughts regarding test....this what i got:
* about 6 - 7 question related to constructor file I/O
* about 3 - 4 thread question long and confusing
* definitly know all about passing reference all types of references, about, 4 - 5 question in different forms.
* lot of questions about fundamental.
* one question where I am sure all the given choices were wrong.
* no gridbaglayout only one or two on awt and events
* 4 - 5 questions on inner classes.
thats all I can think of for now...I was getting 70 - 73% on JQplus last day, and thats what I got on test.
once again thanks a lot to every one, for your posting it definitly helped me a lot. Also my personal thanks to "Velmurugan" for his notes, they were great.