Ok, here is what I had done so far.
1. installing J2sdk1.4.2_09,Tomcat 4.1,Apache 2.0.54,mod_jk 1.2.14
2. set my JAVA_HOME= C:\J2sdk1.4.2_09
set my CATALINA_HOME=d:\tomcat 4.1
3. put these in my apache2 httpd.conf:
# Load mod_jk
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
# Configure mod_jk
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
4.create a workers.properties file
# Set properties for worker1
# Set properties for worker2
# Set properties for worker3
5. create instance1, instance2 and instance3 in tomcat4 directories.
6. all the new instances folder contains webbapps, conf, log, works,temp folder.
6. port number of server.xml in conf folder in each instances folder had been modified according to worker.properties.
7. put this in httpd.conf again:
JkMount /servlets-examples/* worker1
JkMount /servlets-examples/* worker2
JkMount /servlets-examples/* worker3
8. I create service for instance1, instance2 and instance3 using tcservcfg.exe from http://web.bvu.edu/staff/david/index.jsp?section=software&subsection=tcservcfg&page=downloads
9. 3 new services had been created and can be started indepently in windows service.
So, theoritically, when I type http://domain2/index.jsp
i should get some result because I already create some jsp file in webapps root in instance2 folder. However, I just got The page cannot be displayed message. This means I must have something wrong in my configuration above.
I had been finding ways to create multiple tomcat instances in windows for 3 days and now stucked here.
Can someone show me what I had done wrong, please guide me.