I passed the SCDJWS exam yesterday.
My score was 76%, not terrific, but a pass is a pass. The exam was difficult, more so than SCJP, SCBCD, and SCWCD. The number of topics/API's makes it more difficult, that and the fact that there isn't an official study guide. Speaking of studying, the following is what I used to prepare:
- "J2EE Web Services" by Richard Monson-Haefel (which I read 3 times)
- "Building Web Services with Java" by Graham, Davis, etc. (read once)
- Blueprints (only read select chapters)
- MZ notes (absolutely invaluable!! THANKS SO MUCH MZ!)
- Whizlabs mock exam (more difficult than the real exam - I scored a 62% on the Whizlabs final exam!)
- xyzws.com mock exams - took one mock a day for the last week
The Whizlabs and xyzws mock exams are not perfect, but really helped a bunch.
Anyway, I'm very glad to have this one behind me. It was difficult, and many of the topics were not very interesting (UDDI and JAXR were especially dull). Now I need to figure out "what next?"
I wish all of you preparing for the exam the best of luck.