1. After having 10 years of solid J2EE exposer, SCEA will only help you to brush-up the knowledge and it will be just a add-on to the resume.
2. After 10 years of exp, SCEA will not help you to get a better job, rather your experience will surely help.
3. If you are thinking of doing MS or SCEA after 10 years, then you should go for MS, after all SCEA is not a degree.
4. New version of Exams (SCEA 5), specially the upgrade exam will surely help you to get confidence on new technologies.
5. SCEA is like an ornament, which is showy and precious. It not only helps us to gain confidence on what we know but also helps us to get better opportunely and attract employers.
6. SCEA is not a mark to identify our knowledge.
7. Certifications are helpful in its own way all the time. I know many sun certified professional who are worse than college student.
8. If you have completed 10 yrs and confused on what exactly to do next in future probably GMAT\CAT is much better answer than SCEA.
probably i am the odd man out here as i just have 3.5 yrs of exp.I had started coding in 1996, when i was 13 yrs old kid. Only one i believe, Certification only shows the way, does not drive us. Its absolutely upto us whether to walk through that way or not.