I need a bit of an advice.
I was given the news that I am being laid off and I was given a 2 weeks notice. I am a Java/J2ee developer
I asked if it was performance but they said it was because of restructuring and budget.
On those lines i had a few questions and I was wondering...
1) If an employee is going to be fired, during the discussion do they give any indication as to why they are fired(instead of layoff).
2) If it was performance, does the employer hint at it, at some point of time, before giving the 2 weeks notice.
3) Finally once the news of layoff(not firing) has been communicated to you and you are given the 2 weeks notice, what are expected from you?
4) Should I still attend the daily standup meetings, or should I concentrate in my job search?
5)Should I be regular to office or can I WFH. If i am in office there is no way to go on with a job search?
6) If my colleagues are planning on an sendoff, Should I accept it or can i gently decline.(I will be in no position to sit through a sendoff with my present state of mind).
7) In short what is expected by the employer from the Employee in those 2 weeks??