For the past six months I have been actively looking for work as a Java Developer in the Chicago area. I have been using Java for the past nine months, and am expanding my knowledge by working on a project at home using VisualAge for Java and an evaluation version of Websphere. You can view javadoc documentation of my project (which is still in progress) at mleghorn2.home.att.net
. I have thirteen years of experience developing software.
Here's my resume.
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
1317 Brummel, Apt 2E
Evanston, IL 60202
To obtain a challenging position as a software developer that will allow me to contribute to the success of an organization.
March 2001 to July 2001
* Assisted with design, development, and implementation of Synectics Employee Web Site.
Consulting at Scudder Kemper Investments
November 1999 to March 2001
* As Technical Web Master of the Corporate Intranet, provided support for over 150 web developers.
* Provided technical leadership for the redesign of the Corporate Intranet.
* Designed and developed intranet application for tracking intranet webs and their owners.
* Designed and developed NT Administration Utility, using ADSI and Visual Basic.
Consulting at Kraft Foods
July 1999 to October 1999
* Assisted with design, development, and implementation of an intranet application used to track environmental pathogens in foods.
* Assisted in the conversion of an Ideas Gathering and Reporting System from Access to an intranet application.
October 1998 to July 1999
* Developed a cellular phone customer support and inventory management system for Motorola, using Visual Basic 5.0, Code Base, and ActiveX.
* Developed Internet application which provides news, information relating to current events and developments in the business and financial world.
* As head of the Total Quality Management Team, oversaw the development of a Quality Management System, which facilitates the delivery of quality software to clients.
Council For Jewish Elderly
January 1997 to October 1998
* As head of internal software development, oversaw design, development, and implementation of Advanced Revelation software systems used by over 200 people throughout the agency.
* Designed, developed and implemented Community Service Scheduling module, along with its interface into agency payroll and billing.
* Played a key role in the agency's migration to GroupWise Email by training the users, integrating our Advanced Revelation applications with Groupwise, and assisting with the Groupwise workstation installations.
* Represented I.S. in various task teams formed and operated based on Deming principles.
Systemetrics Software Solutions
Senior Software Developer
September 1994 to December 1996
* Designed, developed, implemented and maintained Hospital OR Scheduling and Materials Management software, using Clipper and Delphi.
* Managed and trained developers in Clipper and internal development tools and methodology.
Applications Programmer Analyst
July 1993 to September 1994
* Designed, developed, and implemented custom accounting software for clients, using Access, Visual Basic, SQL/Windows, Open Insight and Advanced Revelation.
* Prepared course materials and curriculum for Open Insight and Advanced Revelation training, and conducted the training.
Follett Campus Resources
River Grove, IL
Applications Programmer Analyst
July 1990 to July 1993
* Designed and developed C interface library, which was used by programming staff to develop in-house C applications.
* Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained applications for internal end-users, using Advanced Revelation, C, Oracle Forms 3.0, and DBase III+.
* Assisted with administration of Novell LAN.
November 1989 to July 1990
* Developed, maintained and enhanced Materials Management Systems for hospitals, using Clipper, BASIC, and TCAL.
* Developed utilities in Pascal to assist with internal development process.
J. Hall Associates
January 1989 to October 1989
* Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained custom accounting software for clients using Revelation.
Elgin Community College
Associate in Arts, with a major in Data Processing, 1988
Graduated with Honors
Other Formal Training
MS Visual C++
Oracle Forms and DBA
References: Available upon request