eCommerce Development Manager
* Oversee development of eCommerce web application functionality
* Manage technical operations such as order fulfillment, payment processing and reporting systems
* Evaluate business requirements for technical feasibility and eCommerce best practices
* Estimate, plan, track and provide status on technical projects and activities
* Identify and mitigate project risks
* Hire, train, mentor and manage developers
* Perform technical design and code reviews
* Approve and commit code for integration
* Design and develop application features
* Be a primary problem solving resource
* Oversee the technical work of vendor consultants and consulting teams
* Define and enforce company technical standards and best practices
* Evaluate technology vendors and products
* Develop, improve and enforce software development processes
The candidate will demonstrate senior-level knowledge of the following:
* eCommerce capabilities and process flows (catalog management, merchandising, etc.)
* Web application frameworks such as Struts, Spring, SiteMesh
* Data modeling and SQL
* Object-relational mapping frameworks such as Hibernate or EJB3
* Internet technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, XML, RSS, AJAX, etc.)
* Software engineering methodologies
* Version control and release management practices
* Development and deployment of applications on Unix / Linux.
* Load testing, profiling and performance tuning.
The candidate will ideally have experience with:
* eCommerce Package Applications (ATG, WebSphere Commerce, Elastic Path)
* Online publishing / media industry
* Content management systems such as Interwoven TeamSite
The candidate must have a BA/BS degree and 7+ years professional experience and a minimum of three years supervisory experience.
I work for the technology staffing division of a 24 year old firm, here in New York City. We have a long history servicing fortune 100 and 500 clients ranging from the Financial to Publishing sectors. Our client list reads like the �Who's Who� in corporate America, such as Conde Nast Publications, OgilvyInteractive, and Goldman Sachs. If you are interested in this position, email me a word version of your resume. We have client relationships spanning over 10 years and I am confident I can get you an interview. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Information Technology Search Practice
Network and Company, Inc.
295 Madison Ave. 24th Floor
New York, NY 10017
(p) 212.683.2310 ext: 102