Hibernate Search in Action is about Hibernate Search the project, not Hibernate Core.
The book covers all you need to integrate Hibernate Search into your application and build a search engine, including:
- getting started guide
- how to query in Hibernate Search
- how to build a Full-text query and what are the different kind of queries available
- how to use declarative filters
- how to optimize Hibernate searches and indexing
- how to access Lucene natively with Hibernate Search
- Lucene scoring and relevance algorithm
- some useful tools from Lucene
Every concept is explained with practical examples. All examples are based on a DVD Store search engine.
You can read the book chapter "road map" on the manning side http://www.manning.com/bernard/excerpt_about.html
for more information.
Hope that helps