ragz wifer wrote:Hello folks, I just passed 1Z0-804 exam with 66% this is my 2nd attempt. I admit that, last time I got 61% and failed.
OCJP7 exam pattern
Passing score : 65%
Time : 150 minutes
How score is calculated? Not sure. 65% of 65 ? 42.25 ~ 43. => 43 questions should be correct /65 to pass, not sure. Nobody knows except exam creators. If you know comment down below.
Last year I asked a query but no response. Cool nobody is interested to reply or they just ignored.
But, I would like to share, my study plan.
My Exam Preparation/study plan:
1. Took off from work for 15 days. Last year did the same but didn't get expected result.
2. Read the Cover to Cover from OCA/OCP Java SE7 Programmer I & II Study guide.
3. Practiced Topic wise tests in Enthuware, and whizlabs(But this is not good, I didn't like it). Didn't took at single mock test from enthuware.
4. Wrote nearly 100 tiny java programs.
5. Not only book reading, learning by coding, otherwise this will not work like OCA exam.
tufftough. One can expect a question from any corner class/interface of Java7 API in this exam pertaining to exam objectives.
But, that's not small
For test takers of this OCP7 exam, it is
tuffcomplex than OCP8 as it is 80 questions with same passing score 65%
BTW, I am an
experinedexperienced Java dev with 8 years exp. Real time java work is different and certification is different. That is like apple, this is like orange.
ragz wifer wrote:Hello Ranchers
I am planning to take up the OCJP Programmer II certification. I found 2 books as good resources for exam preparation.
1. Kathy sierra, Bert Bates authored 1z0-803 and 1z0-804 book.
2. Mala Gupta authored OCJP Programmer II book
I am from India, I am searching these books in amazon and I see that Kathy sierra book is around 700 INR and Mala Gupta is costly i.e., it is around 2,300 INR. Did anyone purchased Mala gupta's book? Is it worth 2,500 INR? Is it a color print for that price or just paperback in black and white print? Just want to know if somebody has already purchased Mala Gupta's book.
Any other book suggestions are welcome.
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 ProgrammerCost: Rs 8014
Exam Code : 1z0-804
Maneesh Godbole wrote:JTextComponent#setCaretPosition(int positon) This is inherited by the children
Rob Spoor wrote:In Swing you can set the caret position to the end of the document. Is that not possible in SWT as well?
Bear Bibeault wrote:Why not post in the IDEs forum?